frequently asked questions
- Your car is the second largest investment you're likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our shop and ask that the insurance company inspect your car here.
- There is no law requiring you to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
- You have the right to go to the shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you're not sure why one estimate is different, from another you have received, please ask us.
- It's always best to choose a repair shop that has uni-body repair equipment and certified technicians. We have both!
- Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
- Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.
- Let us help negotiate your claim with the insurance company.
Do you offer free estimates?
Yes we do and no appointments are necessary. Just stop on in and we will be happy to write your estimate while you wait.
What if I need a loaner car?
Jim's Body Shop has a fleet of loaner cars for you to use while your car is getting repaired.
What is the charge for a loaner car?
All loaners are free of charge for you. We will bill your insurance company for their use if you carry that coverage. If not, there will be no charge to you. All we ask is that you return it with the same amount of gas that you left with and in the same condition. For us, satisfying our customers is the most important goal.
Do I have to take my car to the shop my insurance company tells me to?
No, where you take your car is your choice, we are here to help you make the right one. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
My car was damaged in the middle of the night. Could I have it towed to your shop then?
Of course, our shop is accessible 24 hours a day by the towing companies. Your car will be kept in a gated secure lot, out of sight until we arrive in the morning.
Do I need to get more than one estimate?
You are not required by law to obtain more than one estimate.
Why are there differences in more than one estimate?
Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you are not sure why one estimate is different from another you have already received, please ask. We will do our best to figure out where a difference may have occurred.
Will I need to contact my insurance company or will you?
We will help you get your claim settled in a quick, timely manner. We are working for you and with you. You will make the initial contact with your insurance carrier, let them know where your car will be repaired and we can take it from there.
What if an adjuster wants to look at my car before it gets repaired?
Some insurance companies may want to look at your car before you have it repaired. You may leave your car at our shop and ask that the insurance company inspect the car her